Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MY THUNDERDOG MUSIC!!

Hey everybody (or nobody, depending on who reads this)

I don't have much time to write many things right now, but I just wanted to update you all on what I've been up to lately.

Other than the boring stuff like work and school (i picked a major! I'm going into graphic design!), I've been spending a lot of my free time doing some recording of music!

Nothing makes me happier to create a work of art and then be able to stand back and look at it and think "Wow...I just MADE that! And now it's right there! And I can look at it and share it with everyone!".

I always need some sort of creative outlet, whether it be drawing or writing or doing improv (which I dabbled in for a minute), or creating songs. No matter which of these I do, when I'm done doing something that turns out good, the feeling I get is incomparable. I just feel great!

For anyone who doesn't know, I started a band in high school with Sean Myslinski where he drummed and I played bass and sang. We were THUNDERDOG. We did record a CD, (we recorded 18 songs in 2 hours. I don't think anyone anywhere has ever done that before), but the quality was very low.

Recently I bought a macbook, and it came with the program Garage Band, which is a handy little music recording device. In these past several weeks, I've been re-recording classic Thunderdog songs, and they're turning out fantastic! This time around, I'm recording everything myself, and I'm stoked about it all. I hope to have my entire CD finished by early 2009, and I'll probably have it up on ITunes sometime around there. Currently I have completed four songs, one of which being a Screeching Weasel cover ("Don't Turn Out The Lights"). Listen to them, please! And tell your friends to listen! I'm trying to spread this stuff as much as I can, I am very proud of these

You can download the one song, "Don't Turn Out The Lights" because it probably won't be on my CD, since it's a Screeching Weasel song. Download it and love it!

Thanks, friends and strangers. I actually don't even think anyone will read this, I don't know how anyone will find out that it's even here...ha ha! Oh well. I've wasted my time on dumber stuff.




ThunderdogQuantcast

1 comment:

Tyson said...

What a good looking young man behind you in that picture, too bad his beautiful face is hidden